- Connect RRA disposable, pressure gauge and pressure regulator per Figure 1 above using a 3-way stopcock.
- Attach disposable to pump.
- Turn pump on. Set DSO sensitivity to high. Set pump to prime.
- Start priming, and then slowly increase backpressure using the regulator (~ 1 psi per stroke of the pump).
- When the pump alarms, slowly release the pressure using the regulator, bleeding off approximately 1 PSI every 4 seconds until the alarm stops.
- When the alarm stops, record the pressure on the digital gauge as the DSO Pressure Threshold.
Pressure testing set-up.
Added to site: September, 2009
Source: Smiths Medical
Document owner: Marcie Devlin