Every 12 months for scheduled maintenance. For incoming inspections and inspections after major repairs, refer to the manufacturer's service manual for the full maintenance procedure.
I. Visual Inspection
- Monitor (Solar w/display and Tram Rac)
- Multifunction Patient simulator
- NBP tubing, cuff and manometer (digital or mercury)
- Service Manual
II. Checkout Procedure
- Check case for cracks and other damage.
- Check cables for fraying or other damage.
- Inspect connectors for bent prongs or pins.
A. General Test
- Plug module into Tram Rac and verify power indicator LED on module is illuminated.
- From within the service menu select CALIBRATE NBP and then CHECK CAL OFF (to turn CAL on) and START to calibrate.
- Pressure readings on the monitor and manometer should be +/- 1mmHg. See procedure in service manual for description of set up, pressure settings to test, and test procedure.
- If above isn't equal, proceed to NBP CALIBRATION section within the service manual.
C. Fan Checkout
- Verify that the fan is running and is not loud.
D. Software Version
E. Perform functional check on other parameters
- Verify that the software version is at the correct level.
- Verify all other parameters are functional.
III. Lithium Battery Replacement
PBME Equipment Management Committee Review: January 19, 2006
- Battery requires replacement every 6 years. Check work order history in AMM for date of last replacement and replace if indicated.
PBME Equipment Management Committee Approval: pending